This year's BIG Question:
How do actions impact outcomes and how do outcomes impact actions?
- Textbook, Unit 1: Interactions & Ecosystems - Topic 1-3, Topic 4-5, Topic 6-7
- Mon., Sept. 23 - Due: My Visual Journal Title Page assignment, both the illustrations & the paragraphs. Assignment Summary
- Mon., Sept. 23 - Started the Create a Creature assignment (Drawing the 3 parts, labelling, drawing the background/habitat)
- Tues., Sept. 24 - Continuing work on the Create a Creature assignment (brainstorming physical and behavioural adaptations in regards to attaining food, breathing, sleeping, reproduction, protection, communication)
- Wed., Sept 25 - Continuing work on the Create a Creature assignment (adding to list of adaptations - starting with the physical traits that you can see on each of the three animals and then listing the "why" they have them under the behaviour column. Next addressing the needs for survival: attaining food, breathing, sleeping, reproduction, protection, communication.
- Thurs., Sept. 26 - Working on the Create a Creature assignment. Wrapping up the adaptations lists, choosing which adaptations you want to keep out of the three original lists for your new creature. Your new creature should be a good mix of the original three animals and be based on the adaptations you chose from each of the original animals. Start the illustration of your new creature that you are creating. **Remember to include the needs for survival and make sure that your animal's adaptations fit their habitat.
- Textbook, Chapter 12: Working With Data Check Answers here
- *Every Monday* (Starting Sept. 16) - Due: Math Vitamins or Timed Math Practice
- Math Vitamins: Weekly Worksheet
- Timed Math Practice: Weekly Worksheet Website Link
- Working With Data I CAN Statements
- Mon., Sept. 23 - Completed an Entrance Slip on Mean. Reviewed Mean, Median & Mode through card game play.
- Tues., Sept. 24 - Median & Mode Practice, Pp. 426 -427, #4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 14
- Wed., Sept. 25 - Due: Median & Mode Practice from P. 426-7. Completed an Entrance Slip fro Median & Mode. Took some notes on Range & Outliers.
- Thurs., Sept. 26 - Playing card games to learn range and outliers.
- Mon., Sept. 30 - Range & Outlier Practice
- Thurs., Oct. 3 - Quiz (or Chapter Test) on Managing Data - Mean, Median, Mode, Range, Outliers.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Wed., Sept. 25 - Terry Fox Run (taking place during your gym time) **Please bring a toonie for Terry!
- Thurs., Sept. 26 - Photo Day
- Fri., Sept. 27 - No School, Org. Day
- Mon., Sept. 30 - Orange Shirt Day
- Fri., Oct. 4 - ACE M456
- Fri., Oct. 11 - No School
- Mon., Oct. 14 - Thanksgiving: No School
- Fri., Oct. 18 - ACE M123
- Fri., Oct. 25 - ACE M456