This year's BIG Question:
How do actions impact outcomes and how do outcomes impact actions?
- Textbook, Unit 1: Interactions & Ecosystems - Topic 1-3, Topic 4-5, Topic 6-7
- Mon., Sept. 9 - Discussed and started our title page for our visual journals. Each of the five units must be represented by an image that relates our BIG Question and each unit must be titled appropriately. (Interactions & Ecosystems, Plants for Food & Fibre, Heat & Temperature, Structures & Forces, Planet Earth)
- Tues., Sept. 10 - Worked on completing 2/5 of the illustrations required. Homework if not complete.
- Wed., Sept. 11 - Working on completing next 2 (to make four completed) of the 5 required illustrations. Homework if not complete.
- Thurs., Sept. 12 - Completing last illustration and colouring. Begin typing explanation of illustrations (how they relate to our BIG Question)
- Textbook, Chapter 12: Working With Data Check Answers here
- *Every Monday* (Starting Sept. 16) - Due: Math Vitamins or Timed Math Practice
- Math Vitamins: Weekly Worksheet
- Timed Math Practice: Weekly Worksheet Website Link
- Mon., Sept. 9 - Basic Math Facts - set up for success!
- Tues., Sept. 10 - Handed out Working With Data I CAN Statements and set a goal. Learned how to find the mean of a given set of data through a card game.
- Wed., Sept. 11 - Continued to learn how to calculate the mean by playing the Mean card game and by building and drawing models using Unifix cubes.
- Thurs., Sept. 12 - Started practice, Pp. 431- 433, #4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, in the workbook.
- Fri., Sept. 13 - Notes on Data, and definitions for Measure of Central Tendency, Mean, Median & Mode.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Fri., Sept. 13 - ACE Round 1, M123
- Thurs., Sept. 19 - Meet the Teacher 5-8pm
- Fri., Sept. 20 - No School, Meet the Teacher 8am -1pm
- Thurs., Sept. 26 - Photo Day
- Fri., Sept. 27 - No School, Org. Day