This year's BIG Question in Grade 7:
"How do actions impact outcomes and how do outcomes impact actions?"
- Textbook, Unit 1: Interactions & Ecosystems - Topic 1-3, Topic 4-5, Topic 6-7
- Interactions & Ecosystems I CAN Statements
- Tues., Oct. 15 - Due: Create a Creature Assignment: the original three animal hybrid picture, the adaptations list, the good copy of your new creature and the Day in the Life story, printed and ready to hand in.
- Tues., Oct. 15 - Completing the Symbiosis Flip Book assignment
- Wed., Oct. 16 - Watched "How Wolves Change Rivers," reviewed notes from the video, a chain of events poem, the assignment and an example. Impact on Ecosystems Chain of Events Poem
- Thurs., Oct. 17 - Completing Impact on Ecosystems Chain of Events Poem assignment
- Fri., Oct. 18 - Due: Symbiosis Flip Book assignment
- Mon., Oct. 21 - First half of class: Complete poem & illustration. Second half: TBD
- Tues., Oct. 22 - Due: Impact on Ecosystems Chain of Events Poem
- Textbook, Chapter 9: Integers Check Answers here
- Integers I CAN Statements
- Tues., Oct. 15 - Integer practice - number lines (small numbers)
- Wed., Oct. 16 - Due: Integers Math/Art assignment: Visualizing Integers in Our World, Part I. Example of Part I
- Wed., Oct. 16 - Integer practice - number lines (large numbers)
- Thurs., Oct. 17 - Entrance slip for Integers and Number Lines. Continued whiteboard practice of adding and subtracting integers small and larger numbers with number lines.
- Fri., Oct. 18 - Start Part II of Integers Math/Art assignment
- Mon., Oct. 21 - Complete Part II of Integers Math/Art assignment
- Fri., Oct. 25 - Due: Integers Math/Art assignment: Visualizing Integers in Our World, Parts I & II.
RECOMMENDED DAILY MATH PRACTICE:
Basic math facts are to math what the ABCs are to reading & writing. Being able to quickly know and apply these facts, or tools, will make learning the concepts being taught in grade 7 a lot easier to focus on and learn. Just like learning an instrument or how to perform a particular skill in your favourite sport, improving in math takes practice and patience but is well worth the effort!
- For improving your accuracy, complete Math Vitamins 5 days/week: Weekly Worksheet
- A fun way to become more efficient at recalling your facts, try completing a Timed Math Practice 5 days/week: Weekly Worksheet Hoodamath Website Link
- Monthly evaluation to see how much your skills have improved from your practice: October's Basic Math Facts Quiz
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Fri., Oct. 18 - ACE M123
- Fri., Oct. 25 - ACE M456
- Fri., Nov. 1 - No School
- Thurs., Nov. 7 - Photo Retakes
- Fri., Nov. 8 - ACE M123
- Mon., Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day