This year's BIG Question in Grade 7:
"How do actions impact outcomes and how do outcomes impact actions?"
- Textbook, Unit 1: Interactions & Ecosystems - Topic 1-3, Topic 4-5, Topic 6-7
- Interactions & Ecosystems I CAN Statements
- Mon., Oct. 21 - Creating Vocabulary Puzzles assignment (Day 1)
- Tues., Oct. 22 - Creating Vocabulary Puzzles continued (completing Day 1 - starting Day 2)
- Tues., Oct. 22 - Due: Impact on Ecosystems Chain of Events Poem
- Wed., Oct. 23 - Oil Spill Clean-Up Lab The Scientific Method
- Thurs., Oct. 24 - Review Oil Spill Lab. Complete Vocabulary Puzzles - Day 2.
- Fri., Oct. 25 - Creating Vocabulary Puzzles - Day 3
- Fri., Oct. 25 - Homework for Monday: Bring a rounded- rock for Tuesday's food chain/web activity (Example) and a piece of wood for for the wood burning activity (bioaccumulation food chain).
- Mon., Oct. 28 - First half of class - Completing Day 3 vocabulary puzzles. Second half of class - cutting out puzzle pieces and using them to study the vocabulary.
- Textbook, Chapter 9: Integers Check Answers here
- Integers I CAN Statements
- Mon., Oct. 21 - Adding & Subtracting Integers Practice - card game
- Tues., Oct. 22 - Start Part II of Integers Math/Art assignment
- Wed., Oct. 23 - Completing Part II of Integers Math/Art assignment
- Thurs., Oct. 24 - Using integer chips to create zero pairs (practice & notes)
- Fri., Oct. 25 - Due: Integers Math/Art assignment: Visualizing Integers in Our World, Parts I & II.
RECOMMENDED DAILY MATH PRACTICE:
Basic math facts are to math what the ABCs are to reading & writing. Being able to quickly know and apply these facts, or tools, will make learning the concepts being taught in grade 7 a lot easier to focus on and learn. Just like learning an instrument or how to perform a particular skill in your favourite sport, improving in math takes practice and patience but is well worth the effort!
- For improving your accuracy, complete Math Vitamins 5 days/week: Weekly Worksheet
- A fun way to become more efficient at recalling your facts, try completing a Timed Math Practice 5 days/week: Weekly Worksheet Hoodamath Website Link
- Monthly evaluation to see how much your skills have improved from your practice: October's Basic Math Facts Quiz
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Thurs., Oct. 24 - Parent viewing of "Screenagers documentary" @7pm in the Auxillary Gym.
This is a friendly reminder that there is an opportunity to view Screenagers: Growing up in the digital age on October 24th @7pm in the gym. This screening is being funded by our WPS School Council and is of no cost to families. There has been information shared via school email and on our website about the documentary and registration. We wanted to direct you to this informative evening that will provide information and support in having conversations with your child around the challenges with the digital age. There will be a panel and an opportunity for a discussion following the film. This is an adult only screening, however students will also take part in lessons in class related to this documentary and be viewing a student version appropriate for grades 5-9 the following week. Please join us-we are looking forward to seeing you there. If you have further questions, please contact the school.
Please click on the link below to register for the evening.
- Fri., Oct. 25 - ACE M456
- Fri., Nov. 1 - No School
- Thurs., Nov. 7 - Photo Retakes
- Fri., Nov. 8 - ACE M123
- Mon., Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day