This year's BIG Question in Grade 7:
"How do actions impact outcomes and how do outcomes impact actions?"
- Textbook, Unit 1: Interactions & Ecosystems - Topic 1-3, Topic 4-5, Topic 6-7
- Interactions & Ecosystems I CAN Statements
- Mon., Oct. 28 - Completing Day 3 of the Creating Vocabulary Puzzles assignment
- Tues., Oct. 29 - (7-2 Double period) Painted rocks for the Food Web activity. (7-1/7-4) Did not remember to bring their rocks for the activity, so completed the Carbon Cycle diagram instead.
- Wed., Oct. 30 - Due: All 3 Vocabulary Puzzle pages.
- Wed., Oct. 30 - (7-1/7-4) Students remembered rocks today, drew creatures from their assigned biome on their rocks and worked on completing unfinished work. (7-2) Completed the Carbon Cycle diagram.
- Thurs., Oct. 31- (7-1/7-4) Students are painting their rocks for the Food Web (7-2) Math instead of science today due to double science on Tuesday.
- Textbook, Chapter 9: Integers Check Answers here
- Integers I CAN Statements
- Mon., Oct. 28 - Viewing the "Screenagers" documentary and debriefing.
- Tues., Oct. 29 - Modelling Integers - making zero pairs notes
- Wed., Oct. 30 - Modelling Integers, using integer chips, opposite integers notes & Practice, p. 313, #1, 2.
- Thurs., Oct. 31 - Adding Integers using integers chips notes & practice. Completing practice from 9.1, Pp. 313 - 315, #1, 2, 6, 8
- Mon., Nov. 3 - Completing entrance slip. Completing practice from 9.1, Pp. 313 - 315, #1, 2, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15
RECOMMENDED DAILY MATH PRACTICE:
Basic math facts are to math what the ABCs are to reading & writing. Being able to quickly know and apply these facts, or tools, will make learning the concepts being taught in grade 7 a lot easier to focus on and learn. Just like learning an instrument or how to perform a particular skill in your favourite sport, improving in math takes practice and patience but is well worth the effort!
- For improving your accuracy, complete Math Vitamins 5 days/week: Weekly Worksheet
- A fun way to become more efficient at recalling your facts, try completing a Timed Math Practice 5 days/week: Weekly Worksheet Hoodamath Website Link
- Monthly evaluation to see how much your skills have improved from your practice: November's Basic Math Facts Quiz
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Fri., Nov. 1 - PD Day - No School
- Thurs., Nov. 7 - Photo Retakes
- Fri., Nov. 8 - ACE M123
- Mon., Nov. 11 - Remembrance Day