Happy Monday! Welcome back from the weekend!J
Math & Science Google Classroom:
1. Please submit/share all of your completed work in Google Classroom. It allows you to see what is due and what you have turned in. Here is a video that might help those of you who are having trouble: How to Submit Work in Google Classroom
2. Please continue to ask questions or for help at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Please DO NOT try to communicate using email@example.com as I will not be checking it. (We have not used this email all year.)
Below are Week 9's Math & Science ongoing learning tasks.
As updates are frequently being made to the blog, please "REFRESH/reload" this page EVERY time you look at it to see current information/directions.
Yearbook Photo Challenge
· Photos cannot include siblings under 18 or friends/siblings that do not attend WPS
· All photo submissions must be in before June 10th.
· Please submit your photos here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w7yqm_FV00RNtngmRB13mip3LiaK_vW6
Creating/Learning through the Arts while learning from home.
· Students can provide photos of continued learning through the Arts from home. Examples may include, but are not limited to: Writing a Song: picture of them playing it, creating a sculpture: picture of them making it/ or final product, Writing Poetry: Share a picture of their final poem. etc.
Online Learning Experiences/ Collaboration:
· Students can submit a screen grab of their Google Meets time, or have someone take a picture of them during their learning time at home (show them working on something for school, writing/drawing/painting etc.
Photos Students had taken before "physical distancing/ online learning" started.
· Students can upload any photos they might have taken while still at the school together, which could include: teams, clubs, collaboration, class activities, ACE, etc.
Keeping Active While Apart
· Students can share photos of them being active (biking, walks, gardening, skateboarding), taking part in their hobbies like painting/drawing/ taking pictures, playing a board-game, or working on a puzzle. Other photos might include them still taking lessons "virtually" like piano, guitar, or dance classes. Students should appear in the photo as well.
· Students can write positive messages to share with the school (they should be generic and not specifically addressed) on a piece of paper/ Bristol board and have someone in their household take a picture of them holding the message.
For All Slide Show Lessons:
1. Download slide show to your device.
2. Present/play slide show
3. Hover over pictures to see “hand” or link OR I've added links to the bottom left hand side of the slide or under the picture that should take you to the video...
4. Click on hand or link. It should open up the video
5. After reading slide show and watching videos, put the slide show in your trash so it doesn’t take up memory or space on your device.
SCIENCE (about 2.5 hrs/wk)
This week's learning tasks:
(Are short, one hour of Science time to be used in Math this week)
(About 30 min) Download & review L2 Structure & Adaptations, Part A – Plants, Roots & Root Adaptations
2. (About 15 min) Download & review L2 Structure & Adaptations, Part B – Stems
3. (About 45 min) Download & review L2 Structure & Adaptations, Part C – Leaves & Processes
*Optional (your choice to do, or not):
· Complete the cloze notes for L2 Structure & Adaptations, Parts A, B and C – Print here.
· Complete the See-D Plant Lab
· Print the Parts of a Plant notes
· Print the Leaf notes
· Print the Diffusion & Osmosis notes
MATH (about 2.5 hrs/wk)
· Answer Key to:
(*Please look at the key(s) if you were stuck and to see the type of work you should be doing/showing)
This week's learning tasks (Due: Friday, May 29):
(Extra time (one hour) for Math to be taken from Science this week)
1. (About 1 hr 20 min) Download & review L3 Transformations. Complete and submit the two practices in Google Classroom.
2. (About 20 min) Download & review L1A Reviewing Fractions (no practice).
3. (About 20 min) Download & review L1B Reviewing Decimals (no practice).
4. (About 1 hr 30 min) Download & review L1C Connecting Fractions, Decimals & Percent. Complete and submit the practice in Google Classroom.
*Optional (your choice to do, or not):
· Math/Art activity, #10 from p. 35 in math textbook
Flex Time is a fantastic chance for students to drop in to say hi or ask their teachers specific questions throughout the week and to receive answers in a face-to-face format. This is an optional session designed for students to touch in with their teacher and some of their peers while receiving support for ongoing learning at home.
Fun Friday Social is also an optional session for students to share what’s going on at home, say hello to their pals, or share the hobby they’ve been working on.
FLEX-TIME – Q & A with teachers 11 – 11:20 am
Google Meeting Code: WP7FlexTime
Teacher Blog Links
Ms. Brown: https://brownhum7.blogspot.com
Mr. Meadows: https://bfmeadows.blogspot.com/
Ms. Owen: https://owenhealth7wps.blogspot.com/
Ms. Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Ingram: email@example.com
Mr. Meadows: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Owen: email@example.com
Ms. A: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Romanchuk: email@example.com
Ms. Larsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Blog Links
Health and Wellness - Student Services Blog: https://willowparkstudentservices.blogspot.com/
Fine Arts Fill the Well Blog: https://willowparkfa.blogspot.com/
Share with Ms. Romanchuk
Art with Ms. Abma: https://artwithmsabma.blogspot.com/
Music with Ms. Williams: https://willowparkmusic.blogspot.com/
Dance with Ms. Romanchuk: https://willparkdance.blogspot.com/
Yoga with Ms. Romanchuk: https://willowparkyoga.blogspot.com/
Drama with Mr. Shank: https://willowparkdrama.blogspot.com/
Learning Commons with Ms. Dickson: https://dicksonlc.blogspot.com/
PE Website: https://willowparkwildpe.wixsite.com/mysite